What is happening to our America?
Will we stand up for ourselves, one at a time, when and as these kinds of situations are occurring to us and our families?
Standing up, speaking out, and making waves is what it’s going to take to turn things around. Going meekly along like sheeple will only get us more of the same. Fight back, Americans, fight back!
This is ridiculous!
Outrage After School Tells Mom Her Child’s Lunch Is Unhealthy and Unacceptable
by America Live
A mother is outraged after school officials told her 4-year-old daughter that her home-packed lunch was not healthy enough to eat. What was so unhealthy about her lunch? Trace Gallagher reported that a lunch inspector at the school told the girl she couldn’t eat her turkey sandwich, banana, potato chips and apple juice. Instead, providing the girl with a USDA-approved lunch with the following guidelines: one serving of meat, one serving of grains, and two servings of fruit or vegetables.
When the girl returned home from school, her unopened lunch contained a note from the school saying that her lunch didn’t meet the guidelines and a $1.25 bill for the replacement lunch. The mom was outraged and anonymously wrote to the local newspaper and called a state representative. The North Carolina representative called the school which apologized, because in fact the lunch did meet all the USDA requirements.
In her statement to the newspaper, the mother argues that the issue isn’t whether the lunch meets any requirements but rather says, “Don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunchbox properly. I pack her lunchbox according to what she eats.”
Tell us what you think! Do schools have the right to tell parents what is or isn’t healthy enough for their children’s lunches?
- School Tells 4-Year-Old Her Home-Packed Lunch Is UNACCEPTABLE, Replaces It with Nuggets (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Child’s Lunch Replaced with Nuggets (myfoxny.com)
- North Carolina government school mandates what preschooler can eat (returnoftheconservatives.wordpress.com)
- School forces preschooler to order cafeteria lunch because mom’s isn’t healthy enough (hotair.com)
- Your Nanny State Intrusion of the Day! (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- North Carolina – Schools Hired a “Lunch Inspector” to Inspect Our Children’s Lunches in Public Schools? (bonjupatten.com)
- Lunch Bags Inspected for Nutrition (neatorama.com)
- Nanny state report: NC school officials confiscate preschooler’s homemade lunch – The Daily Caller (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Wake Up Amrica! (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- A Lunch Room Food Fight (righteouschoices.wordpress.com)