One of the hardest things to do in the world is admit when I’ve been hurt and hurt bad, emotionally. It is very humbling to admit to being hurt, especially by one’s enemies, or whatever we call those who don’t like us very much. It’s especially hurtful when those whom we love hurt or disappoint us.
It’s very freeing, however, to be really honest and just admit when we are hurt; I think we can actually heal then. Trying to put on a brave front and pretend that we don’t have any feelings, when our feelings have really been badly hurt, only causes an inward rage and makes the hurt inside fester and grow; it really can grow to a boiling point. This is dangerous because when that happens, we have people going off the deep end and shooting up schools etc.
There is something infinitely rewarding that allows healing and acceptance when we just come clean and tell the world that people were successful in hurting us, which is exactly what their intent was. They don’t have to change when we take this action. We can simply look at them and their meanness and feel honest-to-goodness love for them and pity. We can see their flaws, weakness of character, and all the ways in which they need to change. We can sympathize. We can forgive at that point.
All that counts in this world is that we change, that we don’t allow our hurt to turn into rage and bitterness, and that we sincerely forgive those who hurt us.
I’m working on all of this. It’s an on going spiritual process and a tough lesson to learn. It requires insight and a willingness to be vulnerable and experience humility. I’ve never cared much for humility. Jesus Christ and God seem to like to teach me about it a lot though. Go figure…heh heh.
- How will we choose to view our hurts? (ilifejourney.wordpress.com)
- This is were the healing begins. (hscraig.wordpress.com)
- The Secret of Forgiveness (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- wounds deep within (everyoceantoitsshore.wordpress.com)
- The Source of Humility that Leads to Unity (jasoncrandall.org)
- Hurting or Healing? (livingonhislove.wordpress.com)
- Is Pain Necessary for Spiritual Growth? (jasoncrandall.org)
- Life Isn’t Fair (mainwriters.com)