I’ve learned that if I can get through troubles with grace and gratitude, I will benefit from them in ways I could not have even imagined. When they pile up, sometimes it’s hard to be thankful, and even harder not to complain bitterly.
God is teaching me that He is here, even in the darkest hours; He will not let me shoulder these difficulties alone. He “leaves a light on,” so to speak, and that light is His Holy Spirit.
When I find it hard to love my child’s inexplicable “teenage behavior,” I am learning to love her through it. I’m beginning to hear a soft, quiet voice that says after the fact, “did you love her and show it?”
Instead of grouching, grumbling, or muttering under my breath in front of her, I’m instructed to simply love her and make her aware that I love her, no matter how she behaves. I’m to hug her and show her my love.
This is grace. Discipline in love. Discipline with love.
Thank you, Lord, for showing me the way. Thank you for showing me YOUR way. Now help me to implement it every day.
- Darkest Storm (patcegan.wordpress.com)
- gratitude (myselfuncensensored.wordpress.com)
- God is good all the time… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude (socyberty.com)
- Growing Gratitude (seekingjoyfulsimplicity.wordpress.com)
- Living in gratitude….. (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Embracing Gratitude (johannisthinking.com)
- Sweetly basking in grace (celestealluvial.wordpress.com)