Just because I disagree with a stance on a particular issue does not mean that I hate any particular group of people or individual(s).
I don’t care for the attempt to make the leap from disagreement with someone’s cause, opinion, beliefs, or message to assuming that this means that I hate them.
I don’t hate people for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gender; I just don’t favor gay marriage. I’m not a bigot because I support the bible and believe what is contained within it. The bible doesn’t support gay marriage, but it does tell us that we are to love everyone, without exception. Jesus tells us within the bible that marriage is between one man and one woman.
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. – Matthew 19: 3-6
I agree with Jesus because I choose to follow Jesus.
Attempting to turn a strong stance and opinion into hate just because it differs from one’s own beliefs is wrong. We can disagree and still care about and love one another. I may not agree with a lot of people about what they believe, their lifestyle, etc., but I will never disrespect or dislike them because of the differences; that is not the Christian way; that is not this Christian’s way.
Please click here to view this video if you are on your mobile phone
- Chief Rabbi will oppose gay marriage (thejc.com)
- Manny Pacquiao lashes out at President Obama’s stance on gay marriage (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- God Help Anyone Who Disagrees With Obama & Drama Queens (lsnewsgroup.com)
- Are gay people really anti-gay marriage? (guardian.co.uk)
- Christian leaders to unite against gay marriage (abc.net.au)
- What the Bible really says – LETTER (saultstar.com)
- Poor Logic: ‘If Someone Speaks Against Gay Marriage, They Must be a Closet Case’ (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Jesus doesn’t change His mind (wnd.com)