It appears that a new petition has been filed to strip the citizenship from and deport the seceding right wingers, exiling them. One blogger, in particular, calls this a “liberal attack.” Of course, to be fair, pretty much everything on that blog is perceived to be a liberal attack. It’s blatantly obvious that the poster is biased to the far right, but my point is that it would appear that those who desire to secede from the Union are selfishly attempting to further divide our already divided country. They have made an attempt that they haven’t even begun to think through the consequences of.
One of our well known Word Press bloggers, Short Little Rebel, offers some valid sanity and reason to those overwhelmed with the emotional fall out from the loss of their candidate, Mitt Romney. She claims that it might be wise to stop and consider what becoming one’s own country will mean; I agree with her, as I don’t think that those who are reacting out of angst, sour grapes, and sore losses have a clue what they will be in for if they are actually successful in getting what they think they want.
All I can personally hope, is that the insanity stops soon, and that those who are actually serious will be helped to secede all on their own without bothering the rest of us.
“Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported,” the full petition reads.
The title of the petition is, “WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them.”
Sam Wood, BREAKING NEWS DESK
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 7:12 PM
By now we’ve all heard of the petitions filed with the White House asking to “peacefully” secede certain states from the Union.
Sore losers? Or have they not studied American History? (Does the “Civil War” ring a bell? Bueller? Bueller?)
Forty ominously solemn petitions, primarily from Red States, have sprouted up on https://petitions.whitehouse.gov.
So it was only a matter of time before the pranksters weighed in.
At least we think they’re pranksters.
“Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States of America” popped up on the White House website late Monday. The No. 1 signer, and apparent creator, is one Joshua L from Birmingham, Ala.
With 7,986 signatories already, the appeal is only 17,014 John Hancocks (or John Hs) short of having it carefully considered by the Obama administration. Source (Phily.com)
- If your side lost the election, time to secede from the Union? (gloucestercitynews.net)
- White House petition prompts Gov. Perry to disavow secession (rawstory.com)
- Rick Perry doesn’t support secession petition on White House website (fox6now.com)
- We can Waste Time or to Begin to Solve our Problems. (danmillerinpanama.wordpress.com)
- New petition: Deport everyone who wants to secede (philly.com)
- Seceding Christendom Mad at Obama (lifeofafemalebiblewarrior.wordpress.com)
- White House Petition Calls For Anyone In Favor Of Secession To Be Deported (americanlivewire.com)
- White House to respond after 80,000 sign petition for Texas to secede from United States (news.nationalpost.com)