My young teen’s school called today, leaving a message about the security of the middle school campus. Apparently, they are stepping up patrols in the attempt at easing parental minds. I doubt anyone’s mind is eased, regardless.
This isn’t a political discussion for me, at this point. It’s pretty simple. I have a child in school. She’s my only daughter. I’m not going to live every day of my life worrying about when her middle school is going to be shot up to hell and back. I want something done about the problem yesterday.
I don’t care about the politics of it, just as I’m fairly certain most parents who have school age children could care less. We just want our kids kept safe in the ongoing EPIDEMIC of these mass shootings, in a culture out of control with the lust for blood and violence.
I don’t care about stupid conspiracy theories, false flag crisis’s, the Republican plea not to take away our gun rights, or their nittering about being forced into gun control. I don’t care about the religious aspect of it. I don’t care about about an alleged disarmed populace. I want all assault weapons banned in this nation immediately. We don’t need them as citizens of this nation. No nation does. We really don’t know what’s good for us anyway. Too many of us are so politically-motivated and agenda-ridden that we couldn’t make an objective decision if we were paid to.
As for the antichrist taking over and eventually murdering all the Christians, well, that’s going to happen anyway, in my opinion, so bring it. There is nothing we can do about what is written within the bible. Everything is going to happen exactly as it said it would. If we attempt to fight those who willingly worship the beast, we’ll die by the sword — because we lived by the sword. At my age, I have no desire to go to war, (Red Dawn), against a corrupt, evil government anyway. So that’s pretty much that, as far as I’m concerned.
I want my child to get through high school in one piece. I want the school system to be safe. I don’t want the ridiculous notion carried out of arming the teachers with concealed carry permits and weaponry so that they can be sharp shooters to take out the bad guy. How utterly absurd that idea is! How could anyone even consider this as a viable option?
Just teach my child properly and take away the ability for any future nut-cases to get a hold of assault weapons, period. Yes, I know there are millions already out there floating around, but shut the barn door now before anymore of them get put out into the stratosphere. Put security guards at the entrances of schools and no one gets in without ringing a bell and going through a metal detector. There’s simply nothing else to discuss about this matter.
If any parent who has a school age child can disagree with me, I’m concerned about their mental health. The populace in this country who don’t have school age children are simply arm chair warriors with an opinion where they have nothing to lose — and we’ve all got opinions.
I am tired of these unending school shootings and I want this problem over. Now.
- Does America Hate Its Children? (alternet.org)
- Talking About Guns Isn’t as Simple as It Looks (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Dems Move to Reinflict “Assault Weapons” Ban (moonbattery.com)
- Prediction: Fallout of Sandy Hook Shooting Will Affect Mental Health Policies More than Gun Control (reason.com)
- Today’s Lesson: Nullifying ‘Gun-Free’ Zones (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- At Sandy Hook Memorial, Obama Showcases the Magical Thinking of Gun Controllers (reason.com)
- Execrable ghoul David Frum mocks victims of Conn. school shooting; Update: Eric Boehlert joins in (twitchy.com)
- Warner Wants Action on Assault Weapons (politicalwire.com)
- Bulletproof Babies (initfortheparking.com)
- Senator Dianne Feinstein says she’ll reintroduce assault weapon legislation (federaljack.com)