“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed [changed] by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Romans 12:2 ).
God renews our minds as followers of Christ. We are often in flux, ever-changing and growing in Him. He changes us if we are open to it; this is an important part of our spirituality in this relationship with Him.
If we choose to close ourselves off from Him and refuse to grow, we become stagnant and unmoving. God uses us best when we allow ourselves to be open to transformation and the transition process we go through while we’re being transformed.
Going through transition can be confusing. We can feel vaguely unsettled sometimes or even uncertain. I’m learning to trust that I’ll come through transition unscathed and the wiser for it. Every time I think I’ve found myself and know myself as I relate to Christ, God shows me another facet or layer I hadn’t comprehended, that I don’t know at all.
I find I don’t know much in the overall scheme of things. Humility is best because I see daily that I have just touched the surface of all the Holy Spirit has for me to learn.
- Transitions (amokarts.wordpress.com)
- Pope: “We Are So ‘Full’ of Ourselves There is No Room Left for God” (cnsnews.com)
- Learning To LOVE: Is It Really An Impossible Dream? (poetrywritersbookshop.org)
- Christ-Likeness (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- A Pastor’s Christmas Rant (jimrenke.com)
- Transition Phases – Dealing With Life Changes (janrmiesse.com)
- Confession Leads to Transformation (kingteamdad.wordpress.com)
- “God Help Me Change!” (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)