n. pl. fol·lies
1. A lack of good sense, understanding, or foresight.
a. An act or instance of foolishness: regretted the follies of his youth.
b. A costly undertaking having an absurd or ruinous outcome.
3. follies (used with a sing. or pl. verb) An elaborate theatrical revue consisting of music, dance, and skits.
a. Perilously or criminally foolish action.
b. Evil; wickedness.
c. Lewdness; lasciviousness.
It would seem that every other five minutes, we hear about what will occur here in America if we fall off of the fiscal cliff. Every American’s taxes will go up, not just those making over 250 thousand dollars a year — also the two million unemployed will be cut off from unemployment compensation, and should the farm bill not be re-initiated, milk will sky-rocket up to $7 bucks a gallon.
President Obama has put together a simple minimum package that will prevent this tax increase on we, the middle class, (those who make less than $250,000), but will our House Republicans allow it to pass? They appear to be determined to hold the country’s feet to the fire and are seemingly dug in. I guess it’s akin to telling all of us that if we make the rich pay more, (how dare we?!!!!), they will see to it that the rest of us pay a lot more as well! How intriguing.
My take on this is that I think this is a good thing in that I’m not going to forget this when it comes time for this Independent woman to vote in the next 2014 election; I will take the opportunity to encourage every voter I know to sweep the house and senate floor of every single Republican up for re-election. After their most recent well-deserved beating, I can only imagine how hard they will be hit the next time around. We can all leave them no doubt as to our intention, since they apparently did not get our message on November 4, 2012 when we re-elected President Barack Obama for another four years.
Shall we ready ourselves to resend that message to our hard headed friends on the right? I say “Amen,” brothers and sisters, AMEN.
- Nation not impressed by Republicans’ fiscal cliff follies (dailykos.com)
- ‘Fiscal cliff’ political follies (bankrate.com)
- Obama’s Record Destroys the Republicans’ Big Spending Democrat Propaganda (politicususa.com)
- Last-Minute Fiscal Cliff Meeting Ends (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama: ‘We’re now at the last minute’ on fiscal cliff (itv.com)