I hear very little said from the Christian community of believers regarding “transexual” members of the lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender community. I’m not certain why there is so little said, but perhaps silence is golden in this regard. Judging the transgendered seems almost evil, in my personal opinion. Condemning and frowning down upon them is something Jesus Christ would not ever have engaged in.
What does God really feel about someone who is potentially born into the wrong body, based upon their God-given gender? Errors like this certainly don’t happen because God willed it, or do they? Is this error? Honestly, we simply do not know, do we?
Bill O’ Reilly seems to think it madness to allow a transgendered child to use the bathroom of the gender that he or she ID’s with. He complicates a relatively simple issue, making it awkward and ugly. There is little compassion within him expressed within the interview he gave regarding this topic.
If one is born a certain gender but somehow finds himself in the opposite body, how can such a person be held responsible for individual mental function that tells him internally that something is wrong, that there has been some kind of mistake? Why do we argue with this?
It seems very cruel to attempt to tell a person that we know better, when we absolutely do not. All we can do is share with this individual what the bible tells him. I don’t believe the bible addresses this condition, thus I believe this is the business of the transgendered individual and God Himself, not mine. And so I leave judgment in this matter in the hands of God, thankfully.
Thus, I will love my transgendered neighbor and have compassion within my heart for his plight. I will support his endeavors to accept himself and feel a part of. I trust that God will lead my heart in how he should be treated, and God has led my heart…. I am to love my transgendered neighbor as I love myself — with all of the considerations that this implies.
- WATCH: Bill O’Reilly Says Supporting Trans Students Is ‘Truly Madness’ (advocate.com)
- Bill O’Reilly: Supporting Transgender Equality In Schools Is ‘Truly Madness’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Colorado School Bars 6-Year-Old Trans Girl from Using Girl’s Restroom; Parents File Civil Rights Complaint: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Cruelty to trans children must stop. FULL STOP. (lastofthecleanbohemians.wordpress.com)
- Stop sexualizing transgender children (collegian.com)
- School Officials, Students Divided In Support Of Mississippi Transgender Student (huffingtonpost.com)
- Welcome – LGBT, Stereotypes and Media (lgbtvsmedia.wordpress.com)
- I want to help transgender people like me, says teenager ‘trapped in wrong body’ (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Editorial: School wrong on transgender girl (denverpost.com)
- Gender-Neutral Bathroom Signs Spark Controversy (smartsign.com)