I’ve had a lot of worries lately. Most of them have concerned my teen child, who is the most important person in my life, after God of course.
My daughter is trying some new medications. She has officially been diagnosed with Bipolar Personality Disorder. This disorder has seriously impacted her life. I haven’t spoken about this on my blog until now. This is something very private that I wanted to keep to myself. I wasn’t going to expose how difficult dealing with disorder has been for me as a Mom. I have suffered in silence, so to speak.
This personality disorder is pure hell. The stress is puts upon the families of the child with BPD is something that will vary, child to child. The challenges of this disease are immense and demanding. Parenting a child with this problem is a whole new ballgame. As a Christian, this is yet another obstacle that my daughter and I will deal with, and deal with happily, with faith in God.
I trust God to get me through this and help me navigate the hills and valleys. I trust God to help my daughter through her medications, therapy, and the new doctor overseeing her care. I thank God and praise Him even in these awful trials that challenge she and I, and I ask for His blessing upon my beautiful little girl, and His protection in the name of His son, Jesus Christ my Lord.
- BPD and Bipolar Disorder (makebpdstigmafree.wordpress.com)
- Getting This Mood In Control… Finding Peace (bipolarmuse.com)
- Exhausting trip to see the new psychiatrist. (borderlinebipolarblog.wordpress.com)
- Diagnosis (bpdsufferer30.wordpress.com)
- My bipolar (deborahawilson.wordpress.com)
- 10 Steps to aid in Bipolar Disorder (brittanydrozd.wordpress.com)
- NIMH – Bipolar Disorder in Families (bipolarboo.wordpress.com)
- Experiencing Bipolar Disorder (tattoosandteacups.com)
- Living with Bipolar Disorder (stigmaproject.wordpress.com)