What does it mean to embrace and begin a new year with God?
- For me, it’s a place within my heart that glows with light because there is an assurance that all is well, no matter what is occurring around me. Embracing a new year with God gives me a feeling of inner peace at all times, even the bad times.
- It’s a commitment I’ve made yet again, that I continue to make year after year. It’s like a marriage, in a way, except that it’s ongoing and can actually last forever, unlike most things in this life. I’m secure in this commitment which is just amazing.
- It’s a feeling of actually belonging to someone that is akin to family relationships but different because the relationship is spiritual and stronger. It’s stronger because I know that God promises in the Bible that nothing can remove me from His love or His spiritual arms around me.
- There is a submissive feeling of bending my will to the will of God, whom I choose to believe knows more than I do; thus I’m happy to humble myself and submit to Him, and be led by Him in my ongoing daily life.
- Embracing a new year with God is challenge to learn new ways of thinking, behaving, and living out my daily life as I walk with God’s Holy Spirit every minute of every day. I am promised spiritual growth through these challenges.
- It’s putting into action what God has already laid out for me — HIS PLAN– within His word, the Holy Bible.
- It’s following a simple set of ongoing directions as a way of living life. These simple instructions tell me how I am to behave and treat everyone I encounter in my life, in person or otherwise. These simple instructions advise me on how to think, feel, believe, and how to act; I’m promised that I can’t go wrong if I follow what God has set forth there, via the old time apostles who wrote the Bible.